Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Report - Client first and last seen date

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave Report - Client first and last seen date

Posted Jan 16, 2014 10:45 AM

I'm trying to create what I thought was a simple report, but I can not find the fields I'm looking for.

I want to create a report with basic details of all clients airwave is aware of, and include the "first seen" and "last seen" fields from the client details page.  Problem is I don't see this "first seen" and "last seen" on the list of fields a report can be generated with.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Report - Client first and last seen date

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Easiest way is to go to Clients -> All view, and above the table select 'export to csv'.  This gives you a version which you can open in Excel or Spreadsheet to edit and remove columns you don't need.

Alternatively, the same data can be gotten directly from the database, but there's no report for this in the report definitions.  A feature request can be submitted to the ideas portal on the support site if you think that the export to csv doesn't cover what you're looking for.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Report - Client first and last seen date

Posted Jan 16, 2014 11:50 AM

I thought about that, but "First Seen" and "Last Seen" are not fields listed there either.  Closest thing is "Service Start" and "Service End" but those are all empty.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Report - Client first and last seen date
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2014 12:34 PM

Limitation: The data for first seen / last seen is tied to the AMP Setup -> Historical Data Retention value -> Inactive Client and VPN User Data setting.  So you can only go as far back as you keep the data for.

Try this from the AMP CLI:

# dbc 'select mac, username, first_start as first_seen, last_stop as last_seen from client_first_last;'

If that's what you're looking for, you can throw it into a csv file using (header row would be cut out):

# dbcsv 'select mac, username, first_start as first_seen, last_stop as last_seen from client_first_last;' >> /tmp/client_first_last.csv

Extract /tmp/client_first_last.csv and open in your doc viewer to manipulate how you like.

The time output will be in epoch time, so you'd have to spin off another column to calculate human readable time for both first_seen and last_seen values.  The formula to convert epoch time to normal human readable time is (epoch_time/86400)+25569.