Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Reporting

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave Reporting

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:52 PM

Hi All

Any idea how i can combine couple of reports into one?

For example I want to combine CLIENT SESSION and NETWORK USAGE into One single report. Can this be done, if yes how please.

Thanks

Mahathma

• 2.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 04:38 AM

You can create a "Custom" report Definition and just drag the parts you want onto your new "Custom" Report:

airwave-report.png

• 3.  RE: Airwave Reporting

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:37 AM

Hi Colin,

There are mac-adrdresses at internal DB. I want to create a schedule; If a mac address inactive for 90 days, airwave alert to me. After this alert i want to delete this mac-address. How can i do that ?

Best Regards

Ersin

• 4.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:10 AM

Hi,

You mean client mac address? Airwave will automatically purge inactive clients based on client historical retention setting in AMp Setup >General>Historical Data Retention>Inactive Client and VPN User Data (0-1500 days, zero disables): 

Set this value to 90 days, airwave on 91st day during nighlty maintaince delete all old inactive clients from database.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:40 AM

@Pavan

I believe he's asking about purging the controllers internal db.  Not the AMP database.

• 6.  RE: Airwave Reporting

Posted Mar 15, 2018 01:22 AM

Hello Rob,

Yes you are right, i want to purge inactive mac-address on the controller's internal db. What is your advice for that?

Best Regards

• 7.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 02:59 AM

The AirWave side doesn't currently process the internal db in a way to capture the 90 days of inactivity.  Let me ask around to see if there's a way to do it directly in the controller.

• 8.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 03:38 AM

You cannot purge those values automatically.  You would have to remove them manually.

• 9.  RE: Airwave Reporting

Posted Mar 15, 2018 09:39 AM

Hi Colin,

How can i detect inactive users, can i take report ? Could you explain it please ?

Best Regards

• 10.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 09:50 AM

Active users and the internal database don't have a direct relationship.  What are you trying to do?

• 11.  RE: Airwave Reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:40 AM

AirWave holds a comparison template, so you'd need to constantly import the template to update for comparison to the next day.  This behavior doesn't trend for a 90 day inactive mac.  You'll need to file a feature request for this in the innovation portal.