Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

Posted Feb 26, 2020 09:56 AM

Hi there,

we use Airwave 8.2.9.1 and have created customer reports.

Unfortunately, we cannot select enough information about the ports when we create a report.

We want to generate a report that reflects the last month. (Historical data)

Under Customer Options we select "Ports Usage: Ports" and can only select the following:
    Name
    Port mode
    Device
    Alias
    MAC
    Used
    Description
    Traffic In
    Traffic out
    Max Traffic In
    Max traffic out

But we also need the following in that selection so that the report can be used by us:
    Device location
    Port admin status
    Port Use PoE

Port Speed

Port Spanning Tree Status

Is there a way to get this data for the report?

TL;DR: We need more data fields from all switch ports to create a special report.

Screenshots:

Custom Report.png

Custom Options.pngPorts Select Data1.pngPorts Select Data2.png

• 2.  RE: Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 01:58 PM

Hello Carstens,

Except the Device location, we do not have an option to report this info in the reports as of today.

Port admin status
    Port Use PoE

Port Speed

Port Spanning Tree Status

I would recommend you to file a feature request for the same @ innovate.arubanetworks.com

--

• 3.  RE: Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

Posted Feb 27, 2020 05:29 AM

Hello Fayyaz Mohammed,

You wrote: "Except the Device location, we do not have an option to report this info in the reports as of today."

How can I get the information "Device location" in the report in the list of the Ports? I only get this information in the list of Devices (Switch). I also need this info in the list of ports ...

I will make a feature request for the other information.

regards

Carstens

• 4.  RE: Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2020 12:19 PM

Device Location is based on Devices and is separate table not native to ports. Hence AirWave doesnt get the Location based on port basis. Please open feature request for this too. Other way is to manually merge the devices CSV file to Port CSV file (from reports) to get the data needed.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

Posted Mar 03, 2020 04:49 AM

ok, I made a feature request:  https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/NMS-I-1654

• 6.  RE: Airwave Reports Definition - change or create own customer definitions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2020 02:28 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Carstens,

Location is by default, present in the port usage report. if the location shows up in the monitor page of the switch on Airwave and if we have the "location" column selected in the report definition it will show that switch's location in this port usage report.  see attached report, i ran in my lab.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.20.16 AM.png