Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Reports

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave Reports

Posted Mar 21, 2019 10:43 AM

I need to generate a monthly report that will show me ALL APs wether in a group or not and whether provisioned or not...

I just need a fairly basic inventory one with certain details. This bit I can work out, but even if select "all groups" in the report design stage it leaves out any APs that listed as "new".

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2019 10:53 AM

It is expected behaviour, Inventory report does not include device which are listed in "New Devices" List.

Airwave will list only those device which are acknowledged from new device list , I mean added to airwave.  Airwave does not store any network related data for devices which are listed in new devices tab.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Mar 21, 2019 11:04 AM

OK - so I sort of guessed that but it doesn't answer the question of how do I produce a report that does - without me having to assign them to groups first?

If I click the new button in Airwave, it most definitely shows me some details about the new devices (even though they aren't) so clearly Airwave "knows" about them in some manner.

As a tag on query - hwo do I move APs between groups within Airwave?

• 4.  RE: Airwave Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2019 11:47 AM

As I mentioned earlier only acknowledge devices airwave will monitor and it list in report.

For new device, you can directly view from new device tab or  we can pull list from database by using small script and save output to text file and download from AMPCLI( you need tac help to do this)

We can chagne the Group/Folder from APs/Device>manage page or APs/Device>List>Modify(pencil icon)> it will list drop down box to change group/folder in bulk.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Mar 22, 2019 03:54 AM

ks again Pavan.

As an aside. I can't really accept your reply as a solution as it doesn't solve my problem. Ultimately I guess I'll just have to go and make sure all APs are assigned to a group first and then run my report.

Which makes me wonder ... can we "force" any APs that aren't assigned a group to default to a specific group?

• 6.  RE: Airwave Reports
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 06:03 AM

Having device in new device tab does not mean airwave is monitoring, it is only discovered. Airwave will report only the APs which are acknowledged, if you want to have new devices  list in report then I would recommand to file feature request at

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/portal_session/new

coming to your query,defalt all discovered devices will be added to new devices list, if you want to automatically acknowledge those device to any of your Airwave group then we have to make changes to the setting in AMPSetup>General>Automatical Authorization section

Add New Controllers and Autonomous Devices Location: 
    Add New Thin APs Location:

• 7.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Mar 25, 2019 04:16 AM

Thanks Pavan - now there's something that addresses my issue.

I get that as a default AMP won't report on devices but by "forcing" them into a group then all one now has to do is move them to a more appropriate group - but at least the report runs and picks up all devices.

• 8.  RE: Airwave Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2019 11:28 PM

Reports on Airwave accumulates the data from Airwave DB. Data is stored based on historical retention.

Airwave will start to collect data from a device and store it in DB only after the device is moved from new devices list to a group and folder(license is consumed during this process). Device appears in the new device list based on the discovery method set however Airwave will learn more details on the device and store it only after its moved to a group and folder and license is consumed. Which is the reason why we have report gather data only from devices which are added to group and folder on Airwave.

• 9.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Mar 25, 2019 04:18 AM

Hi Vishnu - thanks for the response but it doesn't adress my question at all. It does explain what happens to devices not assigned to a group but not why I can't produce a report on ALL devices.

That has now been answered though so all good.

• 10.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Nov 11, 2019 08:50 AM

Hi,

i am using AirWave Management Platform 8.2.9.1,i can able to generate the report up and down time duration but i need a report when the device was down and when it was up with exact time statmp,is it possible to generate the report in Airwave, kindly suggest me 

Regards

Edwin A 

• 11.  RE: Airwave Reports

Posted Nov 11, 2019 09:08 AM

Hey @edwin07

Welcome to the pain that is Aruba management but can I suggest you start a new thread rather than jump on this one which has been answered.

• 12.  RE: Airwave Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 07:16 AM

We have Device Uptime report which provide details of Avg up time of devices based on group/ folders, currently we dont have report which provide details which you are looking for but we can configure Deivce up/down Triggers & Alerts , when ever any up/down device event occurs it will notify through email or NMS.

You can file feature at

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/