Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

Posted Sep 26, 2018 02:28 PM

I just saw that the airwave sizing tool dissapear, instead it redirect you to a document which doesnt even tell you how to size it.   It just tell you, it depends of many things.   I got no idea now, when its a VM how much ram i need or what processor i need, or the ammount of HD

How do i calculate this now??

In this case, its for 35 APS and 60 switches

Cheers

Carlo

• 2.  RE: Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 09:53 AM

Good question, I've forwarded this to the PLM team.  Will wait to hear back from them as this question has been asked several times since the ASE tool was taken down.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:01 AM

The problem here Rob is that, i need to tell the client how much RAM for example they need.  I need to sure of this because at the client point of view he would be thinking that he doesnt know how much Ram, his monitoring system needs!

There are other cases in which got their servers on datacenters and the datacenter is renting them those servers, so, if i ask them for example 12GB ram and when we finish configuring the Airwave, we realize that they need more, that means that he has assume the cost monthly of that extra ram.   This is not simple, and i need to know an specfic value.

Most of our clients does not have 1500 devices to sell them the appliance

also i cannot ask the clients to give me 48GB to monitor just 100 devices,  becuase it woudnt make sense.   They will just not buy  the airwave.

Hope you can help Rob!!

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:13 AM

There are additional requirements that need to be gathered.  The disk usage isn't just based on device count and logging.  It's also directly related to unique clients and historical data retention.  If the customer is a hot spot / small airport - they'd need larger disk.  If the customer is a small office / school - then they could get away with less disk since it'd be repeating clients instead of daily unique.

The RAM case also depends on the client behavior.  The more mobile the clients are, the more RAM needed.  If clients are stationary for periods at a time, then you can do with less.  There's also the factor of VisualRF usage - if they have several buildings and floor plans - then they'd want more RAM to handle the calculations.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Sizing Aruba ASE

Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:22 AM

Thats why we need the ASE airwave calculator back :) i just put all that in there and it give me a base of what i needed.

How im suppose to calculate all this? :(

Our clients are for example banks, schools, and stuff like that we are not talking about airports or new clients or anything like that.

I remenber that also that was a value, that was on that ASE calculator.

How are the other partners doing to size this?? im sure im not the only one with this issue.

Cheers

Carlos