Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Usage Graph Reverse Correlation CAP/RAP vs iAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Usage Graph Reverse Correlation CAP/RAP vs iAP

Posted Jan 01, 2019 09:59 PM

Dear Experts,

We have a Airwave server that manage all sorts of Aruba AP deployment, be it CAP, RAP and Instant AP. Most of the site traffic are just users accessing Internet, thus it is expected that the usage graph shows download traffic dominates upload traffic due to user's behaviour.

Airwave seems to only have a generic description of Total In vs Total Out, or Usage In vs Usage Out. We were having a hard time to determine which metrics refer to download and upload traffic. And there is a discrepancy between CAP/RAP vs Instant AP.

For example, in CAP/RAP, Total Out traffic is much higher than Total In.

However, in Instant AP, the reverse is true, i.e. Total In traffic is much higher than Total Out.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, or it simply a known Airwave's behaviour/feature?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Usage Graph Reverse Correlation CAP/RAP vs iAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2019 05:09 AM

communitry.PNG

Traffic in is download and Traffic out is upload

• 3.  RE: Airwave Usage Graph Reverse Correlation CAP/RAP vs iAP

Posted Jan 06, 2019 08:52 PM

Hi Pavan,

The above screenshot was regards to Airwave Session report. The original query was more on the Usage Graph at folder level, which compares between a folder containing all RAP/CAP and another folder containing only Instant AP.

For example, this is RAP folder:

Capture.JPG

While, this is Instant AP folder:

Capture.JPG

Nevertheless, I went ahead and generated a session report for the Instant AP folder. It turned out that Traffic Out was significantly higher than Traffic In, which is opposite of what shown in the Usage Graph above. Based on the explanation, Traffic In supposed to be download and Traffic Out is upload right? I don't think normal Internet users really upload this much.

Capture.JPG