Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Webui Controller Audit-Trail

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Airwave Webui Controller Audit-Trail

Posted Mar 29, 2017 09:39 AM

I'm not sure where to look in Airwave to trim this back but it appears to be logging into the web ui of the controller every minute (according to the 'show audit-trail login' command. I can't seem to find why this is happening or where to go to adjust the frequency.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosie

• 2.  RE: Airwave Webui Controller Audit-Trail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi Rosie,

Based on audit interval setting in AMP Setup > General page (Default value is Daily), Airwave audit the controller configuration daily but if any device goes down and comes up, it will audit again to maintain the integrity of the controller configuration in Airwave.

Airwave uses port 443 to get AMON data, it will try login to controller webui at regular interval to fetch the data.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Airwave Webui Controller Audit-Trail

Posted Mar 29, 2017 10:22 AM

Pavan,

Thank you for the reply. Amp Setup->General is set to daily and controller logs don't show any devices going down at regular intervals.

AMON is enabled but I'm not sure if there is a way to trim this back. Is it normaly to see this in the audit-trail logs?

I included a screenshot to show what's going on. It overhwelms the audit-trail login making it difficult to use.

audit_log_shenanigans.png

• 4.  RE: Airwave Webui Controller Audit-Trail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2017 10:37 AM

Airwave audits the controller through SSH and webui , Airwave do auidt through ssh when device goes up/down along with normal schedul audit interval.

WebUI audit trail is expected behaviour, you could try disable prefer AMON vs SNMP setting in AMP Setup > General page and check the status.

Disabling this setting results the client data will update through snmp polling.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos :)