Network Management

Highlighted
New Contributor

Airwave and Procurve 4200vl backups

We have recently added over 250 switches to Airwave. Some of these switches are HP Procurve 4200vl series. I know they are NOT part of the supported devices, however does anyone know if I can set Airwave to backup the config on these switches. Airwave is not even able to SSH into the switches at the moment. I keep getting an Error stating: "Error (Telnet/SSH Error: (pattern match timed-out) in username or password prompt: Unable to negotiate a key exchange method )"

Airwave has the correct credentials and everything works on the supported device i.e 5400R and 2920's our current Airwave is 8.2.10.0

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Airwave and Procurve 4200vl backups

We need root access to edit known host list only TAC have access. Document link which I shared in my previous post provides step what need to do done on both switch and SSH client.

Open TAC ticket.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

If SSH encryption key is not in know host list of Airwave this will fail.

Check this document link

https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/RA/15-18/5998-8151_ra_2620_asg/content/ch08s06.html

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there a way to edit the known hosts file on Airwave 8.2.10.0 ?

Highlighted
MVP Expert

We need root access to edit known host list only TAC have access. Document link which I shared in my previous post provides step what need to do done on both switch and SSH client.

Open TAC ticket.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: