Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

Posted Jan 29, 2020 08:34 AM

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to 8.2.10.0

Since the upgrade backups (nightly) have not been completing.  I have checked all the device user names and passwords in the manage device options and they are all correct.  The configuration reads good however the backup fails even if you try to run manually stating:

"Backup Operation Failed, Failed to copy backup file to AMP"

I am not sure but think this might be the problem:

In my last airwave instance I had originally setup the main ssh account with username admin instead of using the default ampadmin.  During the new install I have used the default ampadmin.  I then imported the backup to get all my devices back.  I think it might be trying to create this backup using the old admin account credentials.  Is this the case?  If so is there any way to change the backup account details without having to rebuild the server :(

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 09:03 AM

Are you talking about controller daily backup in Device>Config page?  So when you manually click Take backup it is prompting message ""Backup Operation Failed, Failed to copy backup file to AMP"?

We need to make sure in Devices>manage page add correct ssh/telnet credentials of controller not ampadmin credentails.

• 3.  RE: Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

Posted Jan 29, 2020 09:22 AM
    I am talking about the nightly backups. They fail and also when you navigate to config and select create backup now this fails with the message I posted.

"Backup Operation Failed, Failed to copy backup file to AMP"

I have already added the device details in this page for every controller and I know these are correct.

My thoughts are when the backup tries to run it is using the old admin account for my last airwave instance because I restored from a backup and when I have set up the new 8.2.10.0 install I have used the default ampadmin account.

• 4.  RE: Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 09:52 AM

Enable compatible cipher under Ampcli Option 3) Configuration > Option 5) SSHD > Option 2) Use Compatible Ciphers and check the status.

May be issue is due to ciphers compatibility between controller and Airwave which is causing this issue.

• 5.  RE: Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

Posted Jan 29, 2020 09:58 AM

Quite brilliant my friend - this indeed fixed my issue.

Thank you so much for your advice!

• 6.  RE: Airwave backup use the ampadmin account?

Posted Sep 21, 2020 03:08 PM

Same issue with mine after upgrading to 8.x I noticed these backups were not working followed your steps in the airwave CLI and it's working now. Thanks