Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Airwave between wired and wireless vlans

my show airgroup servers shows this:

MAC IP Type Host Name Service VLAN Wired/Wireless Role Group Username AP-Name
--- -- ---- --------- ------- ---- -------------- ---- ----- -------- -------
00:18:dd:31:23:eb 192.168.78.54 DLNA DLNA Media 1 N/A
Num Servers: 1, Max Servers: 500.

I can't see this on the wireless lan via my iphone which shows up in the client list.  IT should be an airprint server.  It also doesn't show up if I use the Discovery app for the iphone (which shows all bonjour services).

I don't have any natting on the interface and a cisco switch is routing between with no firewall rules.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if you need more info.

-Mike

Guru Elite

Do you have any vlan specific or role specific airgroup settings? Do you see your device as an airgroup user?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Contributor I

I do see my device and many others in there as clients, they can see each other on the wireless but not the wired devices, it does show up as a server.  I don't think I have any airgroup specific role rules, where would those be set?

-Mike

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The wired vlan does need to have an IP address. Are you blocking any traffic in your wireless user role?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi Colin,

The wired vlan has an IP address in the switch that routes it (where the Airprint server in that vlan is connected).

Is it necessary to assign an IP address to the wired vlan I created in the controller too?

I´m not blocking any traffic in the wireless user role.

Thank you!

Heraldo.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Airgroup between wired and wireless vlans

It is probably better that you open a TAC case, so that they can see everything you are doing and possibly come up with a solution.  I am only guessing based on the information that you are giving me.  The only thing I would ask is to make sure you don't have Airgroup CPPM Enforce Registration on...

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Airgroup between wired and wireless vlans

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply. Although we have CPPM configured for AirGroup, I´ve already checked and confirmed that registration is not enforced.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: