Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave cant find my procurves

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave cant find my procurves

Posted Feb 28, 2018 04:43 AM

hello guys,

i am new with the brand Aruba and Airwave or maybe i should say i am a new employee in the Network section...

My predecessor installed an airwave server and added the controllers and some Access-Points.

Our wish in the project is to manage the switches with airwave like installing a new firmware at the same time.

The main problem is i cant find my HP Procurves i got a new cleaned HP Procurve 2910 do i have to configure something speciall? I tried to add it on the GUI but i failed somehow lack of experience i think...

AirWave Management Platform 8.2.3

can you help me?

best regards

iOwn

• 2.  RE: Airwave cant find my procurves

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi,

Have you provided community string while adding the device , make sure to configure the community string in switch. Default public is the community string in switch/airwave.

Are you adding the device as Aruba swtich or HP procurve?

What status message you are seeing in APs/Device>manage page of switch in Airwave?

• 3.  RE: Airwave cant find my procurves

Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:05 AM
      |   view attached

what do you mean with community string ? how can i configure that in the switch?

i tried it with an scan but it dont show up..
    i tried as hp procurve as well but our  Procurve 2910 is ot to find there ...

• 4.  RE: Airwave cant find my procurves

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:10 AM

Hi

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=26890

Below link provide all the documents related to Ariwave. You can download Aruba switch config guide for steps to add the device.

• 5.  RE: Airwave cant find my procurves

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:10 AM

The switch UI should have a config or mgmt tab, under which should be a SNMP tab.  Configure at least snmpv2c or v3.

Then in AirWave -> go to Device Setup -> Add -> select HPE OfficeConnect Switch, input the appropriate device creds, save/apply.  Then when it gets to the monitoring tab -> it should take 1-2 manual polls for the device to report as up.  Or you can wait for the automatic polling to resolve the status.

If this is still not working, please open a TAC case so that TAC can walk you through the process (it'll save you from having to read all the docs).