Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave clustering

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Airwave clustering

Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:17 AM

Hi!

Last Airheads there was alot of talk about the Airwave clustering feature coming up in 8.x. Does anyone have any news on when to expect this feature? Will it be possible to upgrade an existing Airwave deployment to form a cluster over several nodes?

• 2.  RE: Airwave clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:20 AM

AirWave 8.1 will feature clustering and it is still on target for early 2015.

• 3.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:43 AM

Any ideas or information on how it will be to implement the clustering? I´m wondering if it will be just to add machines and configure clustering or if it´ll need a total fresh install.

• 4.  RE: Airwave clustering
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:52 AM

You will be able to migrate data but you still have to add additional servers.

Keep in mind that clustering is designed for very large environments (5000+) devices or high levels of redundancy. A minimum of 4 servers will be required (2 database, 2 "workers").

There will be more information as the release date gets closer.

• 5.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Jul 07, 2015 02:17 PM

Mr Cappalli,

I know this is an old post but is there any update on when Airwave 8.1 will be out?  

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Airwave clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2015 02:26 PM

@apasquali wrote:

Mr Cappalli,

I know this is an old post but is there any update on when Airwave 8.1 will be out?  

Thank you.

This has not been determined.  Is there a fix/feature that you are looking for?

• 7.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Jul 07, 2015 02:59 PM

Provided it does what everyone says its going to do, I am ready for one interface for our whole enviroment.  Right now we are spread across 5 servers (4 regular and 1 master), with the possibility of doubling that in the near future.  I have to stop and think about which server has which sites on it and then log into that particular server.  Also being to make changes in one place and not having to replicate on all servers.  

Thank you Colin!

• 8.  RE: Airwave clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2015 06:52 PM

Good News:

The clustering release will do what you were promised.

Bad News:

I have no release date.  

Please subscribe to this thread and we will let you know when it is released.

• 9.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Oct 21, 2015 11:15 AM

Is there an update on the release schedule for 8.1?  Also, I have read somewhere that the max supported devices (APs/Controllers/Etc.) is 20k, is this correct?

• 10.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Nov 11, 2015 12:33 PM

What is the best Serversolution for Airwave Cluster Database, example Server with 2CPU E5-2699V3 or Server with 4CPU's E5-4650L Xeon, RAM and Disks are the same 256GB RAM and 6x800GB SSD ?

Josef

• 11.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Nov 12, 2015 09:25 AM
    It hasn't been released yet, therefore sizing and/or hardware requirements are not available.
    Speak to your Aruba rep if you want details.

• 12.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Jul 20, 2016 08:05 AM

8.2.1 is out, still no word on clustering ? 

• 13.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Jan 30, 2015 10:01 PM

Will AirWave also feature license sharing?

@cappalli wrote:

AirWave 8.1 will feature clustering and it is still on target for early 2015.

• 14.  RE: Airwave clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2015 07:10 AM

elmodoeswifi,

When you say license sharing, what do you mean?

• 15.  RE: Airwave clustering

Posted Feb 04, 2015 10:15 AM

Is there any different hardware requirements for 8.1?  I am in the process of working with vendors right now on configuring servers to replace my aging infrastructure.  Any advice?

• 16.  RE: Airwave clustering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2015 11:22 AM
    Please reach out to your local Aruba team for more details.