Network Management

Contributor I

Airwave hardware sizing

Can anyone help with required hardware specs to install airwave 8.2.7 ova in VMware or hyper V servers?

I had read server sizing guide but i can see only specs for 1500 or 4000 devices. what if i have 200 devices ?

MVP Guru

Re: Airwave hardware sizing

Minimum requirment to monitor 200 devices is

Intel Xeon physical 5 cores CPU/ 12 GB RAM / 250 -500GB hard disk(Depend on historical retetnion setting)

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Thanks Pavan.

I have some questions here and forgive me about low knowledge in vmware deployment,

1. can below specs be modified while installing iso file of airwave image or ova file as well ?

I mean can i specify any desired specs (cpu, memory and hard disk) while installing image in esxi or some specs (like hard disk ) is controlled by file systems ?

2. Is the best way to deploy airwave using iso file or ova ?  

MVP Guru

We recommand airwave installation using ISO, though we add more than 75GB of disk space duirng Airwave instance creation default OVA file takes 75GB disk space only.If you want to increase the disk space in future again you have to increase the LVMs.

You can increase CPU/RAM values after installing Airwave but you need TAC help in increasing disk space if you are using OVA file.

We need atleast  4 cores/8GB RAM during instance creating for Airwave GUI to load, later once installation is done you can increase RAM/CPU cores

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: