Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - interferers not visible in VisualRF?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave - interferers not visible in VisualRF?

MVP
    Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:19 AM

So my customer made a valid remark in that he could not see any interferers on his VisualRF maps.

While I cannot find an explanation of what Airwave classifies as "interferers", I'm guessing this would come from the controller classification  the RAPIDS classification.

In RAPIDS we can see a ton of Suspected Neighbors, but no actual Neighbors.

Is this the reason we can't see any interferers on the map? Caus we've only classified them as Suspected Neighbors instead of actual Neighbors?

Or under what circumstance does VRF put interferers on its maps?

• 2.  RE: Airwave - interferers not visible in VisualRF?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:28 AM
    "Interferers" come from devices detected using the controller's Spectrum Monitoring; non-wifi interferers.

• 3.  RE: Airwave - interferers not visible in VisualRF?

MVP
    Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:47 AM

Thanks Colin,

So basically just turn all the AP-groups into (hybrid) spectrum-monitors and non-wifi interferers will start to pop up in VRF?

• 4.  RE: Airwave - interferers not visible in VisualRF?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:54 AM
    In theory, that is what you would do. In practice, Spectrum requires the RF protect license and the location on the VRF map is not exact, so you might question if you want to see an estimate of the location of alll of your Bluetooth devices in a map.