Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave lost connection constantly

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave lost connection constantly

Posted Dec 28, 2014 07:22 PM

This might not be an airwave issue. My airwave is installed in SAN storage and running through hyper-v. It will lost network connection every now and then and i will need to reboot the airwave server for it to come back. This issue had been bothering me some time. 

• 2.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2014 07:27 PM

Do you have AirWave support? You may want to open a TAC case. They can go through the logs and try to identify the problem.

• 3.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

Posted Dec 28, 2014 07:33 PM

unfortunately, mine's expired

• 4.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2014 01:18 AM

Do you mean it is losing connection between your browser and Airwave, or Airwave and the controller?

• 5.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

Posted Dec 29, 2014 01:45 AM

airwave itself lose connection to network

• 6.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2014 01:54 AM

How can we troubleshoot if this is a problem with your infrastructure?

• 7.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2014 04:26 AM

Aruba TAC should be able to help you.. however I read that your support has expired.

The following may help you to find a solution.

If you search on the internet, there are numerous issues with RedHat EL/CentOS on Hyper-V and losing network connectivity under load. You may work with Microsoft support to get these issues fixed.

What may help, is changing the network adapter in Hyper-V to 'legacy'; that solved the issues in few cases. Please also look throught the following Knowledgebase article: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-Install-Airwave-on-Hyper-V/ta-p/182990

Changing the network adapter it to another option and see if that works better for you may help as well..

Herman

• 8.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

Posted Mar 26, 2015 02:19 PM

In case anyone else runs into this on a Hyper-V 2012 R2 setup:

I have a 2012 R2 Hyper-V Cluster and the only server I had dropping network connection constantly (usually ever 20 hours or so) was AirWave 8.0.5 (initially).

I tried installing Linux Integration Services Version 3.5 tools for Hyper-V (I had to remove 3.4 for it to install clean).  I upgraded to 8.0.7.  I rolled back any of the nfs mounts I had been using for backups - but I kept losing network.

Then I actually removed the 'legacy' adapter and gave it a standard network adapter.  I had to edit ifup files for eth2 instead of eth0, but then the network stayed up.  The only piece that didn't work was authentication through Clearpass.  I needed TAC for that; essentially the AMP database needed eth0 updated as well.

Airwave has been up for weeks now and oddly enough the fix for me was to get off the legacy adapter.

• 9.  RE: Airwave lost connection constantly

Posted Apr 12, 2018 09:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know this thread is old however this bug still exists within the AirWave OVA. I resolved the same issue your dealing with and I documented it via the link below. It had to do with a CentOS irqbalance issue when you assign multiple vCPUs to the AirWave VM. This issue is in fact due to a RedHat bug that is documented within my research.

https://www.slideshare.net/TravisKench/aruba-airwave-connectivity-issues-on-hyperv-93713395

Please let me know if this resolves anyone else's issues.

Travis