Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

Posted Mar 07, 2018 07:26 AM

Hi Team

I´m a rookie in Aruba world and right now makes the introduction.

I have a particular -and interesting- question about Aruba Airwave and Cisco Nexus product....Is it possible the management of the nexus devices and whats the level of management with Airwave platform?

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:51 AM

No special support was added.  You can try adding as Cisco Catalyst Switch or generic Router/Switch.  If it's using the same MIBs as the catalyst line, then it should work.  Otherwise a feature request would need to be filed to add support into a future release.

• 3.  RE: Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

Posted Dec 19, 2018 11:01 AM

Hi Rob,

Do you happen to know if there is going to be actual support for the Nexus range?

Our core and dist network is Cisco based (mix of Nexus and Catalyst) and our Aruba wireless controllers are hooked up to Nexus 9Ks. I am just about to try and add them into Airwave (or attempt to as Catalysts as you suggest) but it would be nice to have them as a supported product.

Thanks

Alexander.

• 4.  RE: Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 11:49 AM

I donn't see it on the roadmap for the next release.  I also didn't find it in the innovation portal, try submitting as a feature request there.  https://innovate.arubanetworks.com

• 5.  RE: Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

Posted Dec 20, 2018 06:09 AM

OK thanks, I'll do that

Alexander

• 6.  RE: Airwave manages Cisco Nexus?

Posted Dec 20, 2018 06:15 AM

I've added it:

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/NMS-I-1186

Feel free to up vote it ;o)

Alexander