Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave not detecting mesh clients

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave not detecting mesh clients

Posted May 17, 2012 10:02 AM

I have 2 APs 175 in a mesh configuration and everything works fine. If I login to the controller I can display the connected users on the Mesh Portal and Mesh Point. However, when I display the APs in Airwave it always have an user status of 0. I'm not sure why the Airwave isn't logging user data for the mesh link.

If I click on the Mesh Point AP, it displays the AP being a mesh link and lists the Mesh Portal AP as the uplink, so I think I added the APs in Airwave correctly.

Bob

• 2.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2012 08:08 PM

Are the radios serving clients and also in mesh mode? Or are they dedicated to access mode?

• 3.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

Posted May 18, 2012 09:58 AM

Yes, the A radio that is in mesh mode is also serving the clients. Even though Airwave is displaying the APs as a mesh, the entire mesh configure is not in Airwave for the APs. Like the mesh cluster profile, AP group and etc.. I was going to import the controller configuration into Airwave, and then delete and re-add the APs in Airwave. Do you think that might help? 

Also before the I changed the role of the wired AP to a Mesh portal, it was collecting user data fine. 

Bob 

• 4.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2012 05:34 PM

There is a bug in ArubaOS 6.1.3.0 and 1 where if you are monitoring a controller through Airwave that has mesh Aps, it will not show any clients.  Due to be fixed in ArubaOS 6.1.3.2.

If you want to open a support case, please do so that they can confirm.

• 5.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2012 12:30 AM

You should not need to import configuration specifically mesh for AirWave to monitor clients on mesh radios. I think you are running into the limitation that AirWave is not showing client information on mesh radios. I will investigate that and get back to you.

Sujatha

• 6.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

Posted May 24, 2012 10:23 AM

I did import of the Aruba configs and re-added the mesh APs in Airwave,  and you were correct, it didn't make a difference. We are currently running version 7.2.1 of Airwave and 5.0.4.2 on the controllers. Over the summer we will upgrade Airwave to the latest release and probably 6.x on the controllers. If the problem still persists after the upgrade, I can open a support case with Aruba. 

Bob 

• 7.  RE: Airwave not detecting mesh clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2012 01:22 PM

Bob:

We were able to reproduce the issue on a mesh+access radio and will keep you posted on the fix. I am hoping I should have an answer in a day or two. Thanks for being patient.

Sujatha