Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

Posted Aug 30, 2018 09:54 AM
    Hi we host airwave to manage our customers networks. Sometimea we provide a client with a user account in airwave to check their network status.

Now we have customer with 2 offices - so in our airwave these are 2 different groups, each of them with a virtual controller

I can not find a way to provide this airwave user access/permissions to these two groups, I can only select one group&folder

Ia there a way I can peovide access to multiple groups to just one airwave user?

• 2.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:13 AM

Roles for visibility aren't restricted by group.  They are restricted by folders only.

When you create a role, the 'Top Folder' dropdown has the option to select multiple Top folders.  This is where you'd select the 2 folders that the customer can view.

Devices in the folders determine which groups the user role has, so if you want the customer to only see 1 group, then all the devices should be in 1 group.  If just 1 device in the group is in a visible folder, then customer will see that group.

• 3.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:50 AM

HI there, thanks for your answer.. but I can only select ONE Folder setting up a Role..

So I need to select 2 folders ( 2 groups)

I am using Airwave  8.2.6

• 4.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 12:16 PM

Can you provide screenshots?  Here's what I'm trying to outline:

1) from drop down -> choose multiple top folders option

folder1.png2) the folders should get checkboxes next to them

folder2.png

Groups and folders are separate organizational aspects in AirWave.  Groups are added from the group tab, but folders are added from the Devices list at the bottom of the page (just trying to make the distinction between folders and groups clear).  For folders: navigate to Devices tab (historically AP/Devices) and scroll to the bottom of the page to check your folder structure:

folder3.png

As it sounds to me like you have several groups, but just 1 folder if you're only able to select 1.  In which case if you only have 1 folder, you'll have to create folders and move the devices into the proper folder tree before defining the roles.

• 5.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

Posted Sep 03, 2018 03:48 AM

Thanks, that worked. 

• 6.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

Posted Nov 12, 2018 07:56 AM

Hi,

is there a way I can restrict the User to see NO group at all?

• 7.  RE: Airwave: provide user access to multiple groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 08:05 AM

No, we dont have option to hide groups for user.