Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave sizing

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave sizing

Posted Nov 06, 2018 09:52 AM
    Hello,

I have a project where I should manage 20000 IAP-335 and 15000 third party switches and routers.

I definitely need airwave. I read the sizing guide and I think I would need a cluster with 12 servers (ent), and also management console.

Can you please confirm? Is it possible to manage such a big network as a whole?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Mircea

• 2.  RE: Airwave sizing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 11:20 AM

With mostly IAPs, you might also consider looking into Central.  I suggest striking up a conversation with the sales team to see what they suggest for such a deployment.

With AirWave, those numbers seem about right.  You can also inquire to the sales team about the future AirWave scale solution (it's going by a few different names, but I still refer to it as AirWave 10) - if it's release lines up with your deployment timeline, it could also be a viable option.

• 3.  RE: Airwave sizing

Posted Nov 07, 2018 03:34 AM

Thank you for your relpy.

Aruba Central is not an option because the customer want everything on premise.

Now a dumb question maybe, but I am not so familiarized with airwave. Using airwave, can I deploy a cluster with all 12 servers, or each server will be independent and I will manage them with Airwave management console?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Airwave sizing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 10:09 AM

AirWave currently can't be clustered.  So you're looking at individual servers.  And then depending on the need, you're looking at either Master Console or Glass.