Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave ssid report

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave ssid report

Posted May 09, 2014 11:42 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to configure a report in Airwave that will show all AP's broadcasting a certain SSID?

I have tried but cannot seem to find the right way to do it.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave ssid report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2014 11:55 AM

Why don't you do this on the commandline of the controller - "show ap bss-table | include <name of ssid>"

• 3.  RE: Airwave ssid report

Posted May 09, 2014 01:09 PM

I will need to run that on each controller and as we have 14 controllers it wil be a very manual process, show bss-table will also show both radios and I just need to know about the SSID

I need to know how many and which AP's are broadcasting each SSID as it will be a charging model to customers

• 4.  RE: Airwave ssid report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2014 01:19 PM

Device Summary Report and choose Devices.  The you can filter on the particular ssid.

airwave-device ssid.jpg

• 5.  RE: Airwave ssid report

Posted May 12, 2014 03:16 AM

Hi Michael,

Yes I have tried this already but it gives incorrect information. It seems to list all AP's that can 'hear' the SSID. I did this for one SSID and there were some airmonitors in the list. I also ran it for an SSID that I know is only on 2 AP's and it returned 25 devices

• 6.  RE: Airwave ssid report
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2014 08:37 AM

Try the on_controllers command on the Airwave CLI.  Your can filter on the ssid and save the output to a file which you can import into excel and play around with.  If all your APs are 802.11n, then filter on a-HT as well to only show the 5GHz radios.

on_controllers "show ap bss-table essid <name> | in a-HT" > essid.txt