Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave trigger to send an alert when more than 5 APs are down

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave trigger to send an alert when more than 5 APs are down

Posted Oct 03, 2014 10:26 AM

Is there a way to have a trigger send an email when more than, let's say, 5 APs are down?

Basically, if there are less than 5 APs down, we dont want to receive "Down" alerts.

thank you

• 2.  RE: Airwave trigger to send an alert when more than 5 APs are down

Posted Oct 03, 2014 11:03 AM
    You should be able to do this with Airwave trigger capabilities

Under systems >triggers > down device , It will give the option to select the condition based on the amount of devices down

Do you have 7.7.x installed ?

• 3.  RE: Airwave trigger to send an alert when more than 5 APs are down

Posted Oct 03, 2014 12:05 PM

Thank you, Victor.

We have version 7.7.8 installed.  When I go to the "triggers--> Device Down" I see "Limit by number of down events" and my understanding from reading the Airwave user guide is that we will receive an alert when * a device * goes down 5 times....not when 5 devices are down....

Here are the explanations I found for this feature from two different sources:

first source:

When enabled, you can set the number of down events that activate the trigger, as well as the duration of the time window to be measured. AMP will then count the number of times that the device has gone from Up to Down in the specified span of time and display this in the Device Down alert

second source:

When the Limit by number of down events is enabled, you can set the number of down events that activate the trigger, as well as the duration of the time window to be measured. AMP will then count the number of times that the device has gone from Up to Down in the specified span of time and display this in the Device Down alert.

is my understanding correct? 

Tanya