Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment

Posted Nov 04, 2015 04:39 AM

Hi!!!

Other than visual rf, location tracking and generation of reports. What are the other benefits of deploying Airwave in a controller wireless deployment.

Thanks alot!!!

• 2.  RE: Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment

Posted Nov 04, 2015 05:06 AM

Hi, 

I presume that the most imortant are long term trend analysys and extensible troubleshooting. Personally I do not prefer to manage controller-based deployments via AirWave. 

HTH, 

Marek

• 3.  RE: Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 07:49 AM

• 4.  RE: Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment

Posted Nov 04, 2015 07:49 PM

I like the ability to use one configuration in Airwave to keep 7 master controllers neatly in line, rather than having to make the same changes in each controller and try to keep them in sync.

• 5.  RE: Airwave vs no Airwave in controller based deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:27 AM
    it auto backs up your controllers to which you can restore directly from within Airwave which is a nice feature.

ability to receive syslog and traps from your controllers so you can be triggered in an any type of event for example if a process dies. http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Tutorial-Using-Airwave-and-SNMP-traps-to-trigger-alarms-based/td-p/140929