Network Management

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Airwave ztp with switch and instant ap

We are using airwave to both manage and deploy aruba switch (2930f) and Aruba instant ap (IAP315, IAP303), iv read a lot of posts on the net about airwave ztp on both switch and IAP, iv got it to work on our 2930f with dhcp option 60 (ArubaInstantAP) and option 43 (group:folder,airwave_ip,secret) but the posts iv read the IAP only need AirwaveORG,Airwave_ip,secret. 

Cant i ztp and manage both switch and IAP with the same option 43? cause the IAP dosen't accept the group:folder and place it there i have to do it manual.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Airwave ztp with switch and instant ap

We can use option DHCP 43 60 to provison IAPs which will automatically create group and folder based on string provided in opiton 43

communitry.PNG

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Airwave ztp with switch and instant ap

We are beginning to deploy the IAP-315 and 2540 switches with Airwave managing both.  We are seeing the same thing.  The Switch goes into the correct group and folders but the IAP creates all new folders but the group is fine.  The IAP and the switch do not have the same strings for the DHCP options so this stuff happens.  Anyone know a work around or a fix?

Switch ZTP AMP String

<Group>:<Topfolder>:<folder1>,<AMP IP >,<shared secret>

IAP ZTP AMP Sting 

<Org>:<subfolder1>:<subfolder2>,<AMP IP >,<shared secret>

Thank you,

James

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: