Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave

Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:02 PM
    Looking for a way to generate an Airwave report showing certain BSSID on APs
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:29 PM

Do you just want to show all BSSIDs on APs?  ON the controller's commandline, just type "show ap bss-table"

• 3.  RE: Airwave

Posted Apr 02, 2015 01:20 PM

Thanks Colin. What I'm looking for is a report that would show me the bssid on the 5Ghz side of the AP for a specific SSID. We have an application (Vocera Badges) where we have to enter the bssid for this SSID from every AP. we are getting ready to implement the 5Ghz version of the device and we need to enter this information for about 1600 APS. If I could get it in a CSV value report the could import it right into the server.

@cjoseph wrote:

Do you just want to show all BSSIDs on APs?  ON the controller's commandline, just type "show ap bss-table"

• 4.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2015 05:54 PM

AirWave should be able to pull this data out.

Here's a sample to try on the CLI:

# dbc 'select a.id, a.name, a.apparent_ip, b.radio_mac, b.radio_type, c.bssid from ap a, ap_radio b, bssid c where a.id = b.ap_id and b.id = c.ap_radio_id order by c.bssid;'

Let me know if this is more or less what you were looking for.

• 5.  RE: Airwave

Posted Apr 03, 2015 06:44 AM

That looks great Rob. Now is there a way I can narrow that down to show me the bssid for a particular SSID? What I'm trying to acheive is a report that shows the bssid for the a radio of one SSID on each AP? Thanks again for the command.

• 6.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2015 07:14 AM

dglav60,

On the controller you would just type "show ap bss-table | include <name of ssid>"

• 7.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2015 12:40 PM

AirWave can show the possible SSIDs for a BSSID, but it's not going to be as accurate as Colin's controller commands.  The reason is that we maintain SSIDs at the per device level, while BSSIDs are tracked at a per radio level.  You're going to want to either correlate the data between the command output with the data from Colin's last command: "show ap bss-table | include <name of ssid>"

Beyond that it'd be a feature request to add better mapping gof SSID to BSSID.  Keep in mind that upon AP / Controller reboot, there's no hardcoding that maintains the SSID to BSSID relationship, so if a device reboots, a different BSSID may be servicing the desired SSID.