Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Airwave

Posted Jul 04, 2018 04:09 AM

Hi,

I am new to the AirWave.

Just we have supplied one desktop based server with 8GB RAM and Xeon processor and 500 end device license.

Now we have to install the Airwave server and activating the licnses.

Can I know from where we can get the Airwave software and shich version we have to go as per my customer requirements.

Thanks,

Ashok

• 2.  RE: Airwave

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 04:22 AM

Hi, you can find the software at the below location. Please note you will need a valid service contract to be able to obtain the files. I would also recommend looking at the AirWave Server sizing guide to ensure that sufficient resources are available. The latest is 8.2.6.1, which would be recommended unless there is specific known issue which will impact your environment.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=27217

• 3.  RE: Airwave

Posted Jul 04, 2018 05:23 AM

Hi,

With the below link, we can able to download only documents but not software.

The below is my server hardware configuraton for AirWave, can we go with latest or earlier versions? My total devie license is 500.

HPE ML10 Gen9 Server/ Intel Xeon E3-1225v5 Processor/ HP 8GB PC4-2133E Memory/ HP 240GB SATA SSD/ 1-port NIC Card/350W NHP Power Supply Kit/ 3 years NBD Warranty/  Display to VGA Adapter.

Thanks,

Ashok

• 4.  RE: Airwave

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 05:30 AM

Hi, you will need to login (see top right login ) with an account that has a valid service contract. As previously suggested take a look at the AirWave Sizing Guide, this gives you an idea of the required hardware resources.

• 5.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 11:34 AM

If this is a new purchase, you're going to have to create a user in the HPE My Networking Portal.  https://cf.passport.hpe.com/hppcf/login.do?hpappid=118682_MYNETWORKING_PRO_HPE

Once you create the account, you can attach your SAID for the AirWave purchase into the account, and then download.  The old support.arubanetworks.com site is only available to pre-existing customers from Aruba legacy.  There's also the new Aruba support portal which should be live - but I haven't seen much documentation on it yet.

• 6.  RE: Airwave

Posted Jul 06, 2018 03:17 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you suggestion.

I have downloaded the AirWave software from the Aruba site but not able to install the same software in HP ProLiant ML10 Gen9 server server.

My license is maximum 500 devices. We have tried 8.2.6.1 which is latest and also 8.2.5 using DVD and also bootabel USB drive.

TAC support is also not so good on my case.

Please guide if you have an idea on this installation part.

Thanks,

Ashok

• 7.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 07:12 AM

Hi,

How you are trying to install airwave? Have you burned ISO image on DVD and booting from DVD? You can check installation guide for steps

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/25530/Default.aspx

I see server model which you have sepeicifed have support of below OS, got this details online. Can you check with HP server TAC whether Centos is supported if yes till what version?

Can I have Aruba TAC ticket number?

Operating System / Software

• OS Certified
      Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server

Regards,

Pavan

• 8.  RE: Airwave

Posted Jul 06, 2018 07:25 AM

Hi,

First we have burned ISO image into DVD andtried, then showing "Error parsing kickstart config" error.

Then we tried using bootable pendrive but still getting the same error.

We have tried 8.2.5 and 8.2.6.1 softwares but giving the same error.

When we contacted TAC they are telling no enginer available to handle this ticket, will arrage a call bakc in 90 Minutes, but no call back.

Again we called after 90Minutes then again they are telling the same thing that no engineer is available, will arrange a call back in 90 Minutes.

The above same thing happened 3 times today, hence the entire day gone.

The TAC ticket number is 5330731570. Kindly help us to install the AirWave.

• 9.  RE: Airwave

Posted Jul 06, 2018 07:30 AM

Hi,

We have installed CentOS 7.3 on the same hardware for testing and it was installed successfully.

Our CentOS version is 6.6 in Aruba AirWave software

Thanks and regards,

Ashok 

• 10.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 10:42 AM

Double check at boot up if the server is using BIOS or UEFI boot.  I use BIOS for all my test runs (since that's what our cobbler server is configured/automated to do).

• 11.  RE: Airwave

Posted Jul 07, 2018 07:54 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

The default boot option of  the server is UEFI for this hardware, but we have changed it to Legacy BIOS but still the issue is same with both 8.2.6.1 and 8.2.5.

Thanks and regards,

Ashok Kumar 

• 12.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 12:22 PM

Scratch that - found it earlier in the thread - checking with the support team.

So we're sort of on the right track, unfortunately - I don't have that server model in the lab to test against.  Can you send me the case number you have open with support?

• 13.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 01:53 PM

Checked with support and they said the case was closed, did the install work?

• 14.  RE: Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2018 03:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

First we have installed the CentOS6.9 as suggested by the TAC engineer and then connected the system to the Internet and have given remote (SSH) to TAC engineer.

He installed the same ISO 8.2.6.1 AMP version on top of CentOS and now my application is successfully installed and working fine.

Thnaks,

Ashok Kumar S.

• 15.  RE: Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:34 AM

Thanks for the update!