Network Management

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

Posted Apr 17, 2013 09:21 PM

Hello the other day i Added 2 alcatels switches

a 6850E with the lastest firmware

a 6450 with the lastest firwmare

I can see the physical interfaces on the 6850E just fine

But in the 6450 its another history... i cannot see the physical interfaces....

I though that all the 3rd party switches were supported?

I got Airwaves 7.6.2

It supposed that the 6450 is supported in it.

Any ideas of what could be happening?

I mean imaging i sell airwaves to a client which he has many differnet switches models of one brand and some of them doesnt event show the interfaces when they should?

Rob help :( or anyone :) 

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2013 09:42 AM

Not all 3rd party switches are supported.  AirWave has support for Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, HP ProCurve, and 2 models of Alcatel-Lucent switches.  And then basic support for devices that respond to the base SNMP package if you add as Generic "Router/Switch".

Looking at the Home -> Documentation -> Supported Infrastructure Devices pdf:

For Alcatel-Lucent, support was added specifically for the 6250 and 6450 switches.

-----

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch (6250 and 6450)
    - Automated discovery through SNMP
    - Model & software version identification
    - Stack information
    - Firmware version 6.6.1.859.R01

-----

It sounds like a bug if the 6450 is not showing physical interfaces.  Please open a support case and include the exact firmware version.

• 3.  RE: Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

Posted Apr 18, 2013 08:20 PM

I alraedy opened a support case and they told me that the firmwre i got whic his 6.6.3 is ahead of the one airwves support? which is 6.6.1....

That could be an issue as before selling airwaves as at least monitoring basic stufff like interface status and BW monitoring  i would need to know which firmware does it support?

I would expect that version 6.6.3 were supported IF 6.6.1 was supported which is an OLD version.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2013 02:23 PM

Is that support case still open?  If so, support should be filing a feature request to add support for the newer firmware version.  You should also file a feature request through the ideas portal on the support site.  Filing feature requests is a great way to influence decisions made by Product Management.  The number of upvotes a feature request gets results in getting more visibility of the desired feature / updates.

• 5.  RE: Airwavs support for alcatel 6450

Posted Apr 19, 2013 08:30 PM

Rob on the supported device list on the documents of aruba it says:

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch (6250 and 6450)

n Automated discovery through SNMP

n Model & software version identification

n Stack information

n Firmware version 6.6.1.859.R01

I got 6450 and on the 6450 6.6.1 does not exist...

on 6450 its 6.6.3  thats the first code

For metro models its 6.6.2 but 6.6.1 does not exist... so at the end 6450 is not supported evne if the document of aruba said so...

I already informed to the TAC and im waiting for reponse on this...

Ill ask for the request to support this device but i think it would be nice if you guys edit this document!

Or well before editing asking Alcatel about this and clarify this.   But on the partner site i dont see any 6.6.1 for 6450

Cheers

Carlos