Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

Posted Mar 07, 2017 03:50 PM

I changed the SSH password on my OAW-4650 and now get mismatch on all of my AP's. Here's the error on the AP's.  Configuration: Error (Telnet/SSH Error: (pattern match timed-out) in password failure: Permission denied, please try again. )

I changed the password in Device Setup > Communication > Alcatel-Lucent.  When I go to AP/Devices > Modify devices, select an AP and choose "Update the credentials used to communicate with these devices", I get the error "None of these devices support credentials updating".

I'm not sure what is preventing AP's from updating.  OV3600 is configured for monitor only.  Everything was working until I changed the password on the master controller.  Any help would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

Posted Mar 07, 2017 04:42 PM

Try reversing the change.  Maybe Airwave doesnt support the charectors in the new password???  

• 3.  RE: Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:28 PM

Hi,

You wont change password for your Access Points, rather it will be for the controller itself. Modify controller settings from Airwave and update credentials. It should resolve your issue. 

• 4.  RE: Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 05:46 AM

Hi NPS-AL,

Please navigate to the particular controllers Manage page on Airwave and update the new credentials for the controller there. Below is a screen shot for reference.

Capture.PNG

1.PNG