Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

Posted Jul 21, 2017 07:13 AM
    Hi ,

Can someone guide me to understand, how to use Airwave template full config or partial config for Aruba switch 3810M stack softwarw build 16.03.

Do I need to create separate group for each stack ?

What prcauation need to take to manage switch stack in airwave.

Regards,
    NW

• 2.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 07:54 AM

Hi,

AirWave automates provisioning of several models of HPE OfficeConnect (Comware) switches, using template-based configuration, zero-touch provisioning (ZTP), and configuration snippets. By default, the full configuration mode is enabled whenever you create a device group. When in full configuration mode, AirWave pushes a complete set of changes using a template to the group of devices. With partial configuration mode, you can push a golden configuration to a group that contains factory-default ZTP devices. You can also push any command supported by the switch CLI to the device group regardless of their device state (factory or non-factory).

1. We need to make sure, the device configuraiton status is in Good state before we place the device in manage mode.
    2. Airwave Groups are configuration specific, so make sure add controller/IAP/swtiches which have similar configuration to manage from single group.
    3. Yes, we need to create two different groups

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

Posted Jul 21, 2017 07:59 AM
    Hi Pavan,

Thanks for response.

Do I need to create separate group for each 3810M switch stack?

Regards,
    NWS

• 4.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 08:08 AM

Hi,

If there is huge change in configuration between two stack switches then yes we need to place in two different Airwave groups, else single group is fine.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

Posted Jul 21, 2017 08:13 AM
    Thanks for your guidance Pavan.

I have one more query as below

I am using template config for Aruba Controller from Airwave build 8.2.3.1. Whenever i push the template that time my controller got rebooted so is there any setting to avoid reboot.

Also let me know if I make any changes in template , will it automatically sync with controller if they find difference in config or i have to use save and apply whenever I make changes in template.

Regards,
    NWS

• 6.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi,

• Default Configuraiton will not get pushed automatically. In template page we see message unapplied configuraiton changes pending. If we click just save button.
    • In AMP Setup > General>Automatically repair misconfigured devices option set default to NO. If it set to Yes then mismatch configuraiton will automatically get pushed.
    • We could schedule configuration changes aswell, we could make changes now and scheulde to push during off hours.
    • Airwave will not send any reboot command when it push configuration to controller. We need to check logs why controller is rebooting.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)

• 7.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

Posted Jul 21, 2017 09:14 AM
    Pavan,

Which logs do you require ?

Regards,
    NWS

• 8.  RE: Aruba Airwave template full config and partial config for 3810 switch stack

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 09:27 AM

Hi ,

We need to debug issue both on Airwave and controller to see whether any specific configuraiton is causing controller to reboot or any issue on controller itself.

We cannt figure out with a single log. I would recommand to open TAC ticket. If issue happening regularly.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)