Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS v8 migration, testing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS v8 migration, testing

Posted Feb 22, 2018 11:52 AM

Greetings,

We are in the process of migratiting to v8 and would like to do some testing. Specifically, I would like to be able to point an exisiting AP 205 on OS 6.5 to the new environment. I have tried manually updating the server and master parameters on the AP but that does not seem to work. aruba-master is pointing to the exisiting 6.5 evironment so I don't want to use ADP. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS v8 migration, testing

Posted Feb 22, 2018 02:38 PM

That should actually work, can you share the commands you used ?

setenv master 

setenv serverip

save

boot

A few things:

- If that AP was previously provisioned to be used in your 6.5 environment make sure you use the same AP-Group name in AOS 8 that you had assigned on your 6.5 controllers.

- Confirm that you assigned the License under the folder you have your test controllers.

- CPSec is enabled by default so you can approve the AP manually or enable autoprovision 

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS v8 migration, testing

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:40 PM
    I changed the DHCP scope option 43 to the new controllers. The AP came up with unknown group flag and then I re-provisioned it for the new group name.

#AirheadsMobile