Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

Posted Feb 22, 2017 08:35 AM

I noticed some reported rogues, in a recently updated dorm, using our campus SSIDs.  I noticed Airwave classified them all as UNKNOWN vendor with OUI B4:5D:50, but when I look that up, it's listed as Aruba Networks.  I've ran the update_client_vendor.pl and looked at the old/depecated "oui" command on ArubaOS, but no help.

• 2.  RE: Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 06:22 AM

Does it showing rogue vendor name in Aruba controller? Is that  rouge device belong to your organization? In Airwave we could see list of supported OUI in below file

# vi /root/git/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/OUI/updates/oui_data.csv
    Noticed B4:5D:50 OUI is not listed, we could try change the device type rules in AMP Setup > Device Type Section, try set AOS device type on top in the list and check the status, if it still shows as unknow then we have to file a feature request to add OUI in Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

Posted Feb 27, 2017 10:00 AM

The controller(s) do not show it as rogue.  The BSSID being reported as rogue DOES belong to one of our new AP-215 APs that was installed in the past month.  Dozens of other AP-215s in the same building are also being reported as Rogue BSSIDs.

The 54:5d:50 OUI does not show up in the oui_data.csv file.  I moved the AOD device type to the top of the Device Type Selection list, and so far after 4 hours, there hasn't been any change and still showing as UNKNOWN.

thanks

mike

• 4.  RE: Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 11:11 AM

If it is a valid device and does not want to be classifed as rogue then you have to add those APs to Airwave.

Which rule it is classification as rouge? We could manually classify this devices as valid from rogues>detail page.

Regarding device type showing unknown ,try move manufacture and vendor on top and check the status.

Do we have any valid AP 215 already added to Airwave and showing device type unknow in Airwave?

• 5.  RE: Aruba OUI not in Airwave 8.2.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:20 PM

The issue here is that the OUI table in AirWave needs to be updated.  This is filed as DE28371.