Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Sensor as-100

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Sensor as-100

Posted May 02, 2018 08:56 AM

Hello!

I heard, that Aruba Sensor AS-100 can be configured as a Clarity Synthetic client. Has anyone else succeeded in configuring that? Can I provision it under Airwave? If it can be done, is there a User Guide?

Thanks in advance!

#ArubaSensor

• 2.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2018 11:10 AM

Please share your source for that info.  Was it a document or watercooler talk?  It's a future feature plan that's in the backlog, but no clue when it'll be taken up.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100

Posted May 02, 2018 11:21 AM

Hello! 

Thank you for the reply! I understand what you are saying. But, can it be used as a virtual client? For example, plug it into a room which I want to monitor (for example bandwidth, signal strength) and then see it under Airwave (and in clarity live)?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100

Posted May 02, 2018 11:28 AM

Hello!

Also, to answer your question, here is a segment taken from the as-100 data sheet:

"Operating Modes • Acts as a client to the wireless network"

So can it act as a client? (for testing purposes for example)

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2018 11:38 AM

No, the AS100 can't be used currently.  A change needs to happen in the AS100 firmware to make it supportable.  While the AS100 can be a client, the client for Clarity Synthetic is the Clarity Engine.

In Clarity Synthetic, the AP is not actually the client.  The MAC of the radio is reported as the client, but really the client is the Clarity Engine that's programmed to run through the various synthetic tests.  Think of the clarity synthetic mode as a tunnelling mode instead of a client mode.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100

Posted May 02, 2018 11:53 AM

OK, thats clear to me now.

One last question: 

Why dosen't my aruba sensor show up as a client under the controller clients? (because if it would show up, then it could be used to generate traffic for clarity live.) It is clearly connected to the Wifi, because I could reach it through the meridian internet portal.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Sensor as-100

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2018 11:58 AM

Let me check with the team, I'm not familiar with the AS100's behavior.