Network Management

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Switches Airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switches Airwave

Posted Nov 02, 2017 04:59 AM

Hi!

I´ve got a question regarding Aruba switches (former procurve) and airwave.

I know that I can bring them in to Airwave with SNMP / SSH.

But can I make them connect to a airwave in a similar regard to Instant over internet ? I´ve got a couple of switches where I don´t have a ipsec tunnel between the sites and my airwave server.

The switches I´m working with in this case is Aruba2530-24/48G

Is this implemented in a new firmware maybe ? Coming up ?

It would be a great feature.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:37 AM

This is what one of my colleagues has to say about this:

"We support IPSEC tunnel esp for Airwave from 16.02 Firmware.  But our support is limited to TPM devices. 

2530 YA / YB switches currently don’t have support to establish IPSEC tunnel with Aruba Mobility Controller."

• 3.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

Posted Nov 06, 2017 07:16 AM

Alright, doesn´t anwer my question though.

My question was regarding airwave communication between switches and amp-server. And if this is possible to setup in the same regard as with IAP-clusters where I point out a public IP of the amp-server and the devices then communicate with amp by https over the internet. Or if I´m required to have contact with the switches on a routed inside network (snmp).

Sorry for any confusion.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 07:54 AM

Understood.  Asking.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:35 AM

Unfortunately, those switches cannot initiate traffic across a NAT boundary like Aruba Instant APs to Airwave.  They would need to be polled via SNMP from Airwave over a routed network.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

Posted Nov 07, 2017 05:45 AM

ok, thank you for the answer.

Do you know if there is any plans for this feature ? Or maybe it isnt possible...

• 7.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

Posted Jul 23, 2018 11:13 AM

Hi,

is it possible to import and manage aruba switches through a classic (e.g. IPSec) Site-to-Site VPN over public internet? if so, is there any consideration what the communication affect - like MTU size, etc.?!

• 8.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

Posted Jul 08, 2019 06:34 AM

Hi, 

Do you now when the switch can be manageable and monitor over internet like IAP ? 

Regards, 

• 9.  RE: Aruba Switches Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 09:19 AM

Switches are not currently monitored/managed like IAPs.  That'd be a feature request to submit for switches on the ideas portal.  http://innovate.arubanetworks.com