Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Basic %ip_address% variable doesn't work

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Basic %ip_address% variable doesn't work

Posted Jun 11, 2019 01:35 PM

I am currently testing a few switches on AirWave 8.2.5.1 and everything in the template works but the %ip_address% and %netmask% variables. I have an IP address assigned to one VLAN on each switch. When I import the configuration from a switch to the template, it automatically creates all the variables, such as %hostname% and %gateway% but the IP address stays static. If I add the ip address %ip_address% %netmask% command to the template, all the switches become mismatched because the variables aren't recognized. 

Any ideas what the issue is? 

• 2.  RE: Basic %ip_address% variable doesn't work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2019 10:47 AM

When you fetch template from a devices , airwave parses ip address ,gateway,netmask from default vlan(which is VLAN1). If VLAN1 doesnt have any ip address it will not import any ip address in device manage page. Looks like in your switch you have IP address in a different VLAN and you are expecting it to show in manage page

We have documented this as known issue in 8.2.9 release notes Page 22: (DE32929)