Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Blinking cursor after install

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Blinking cursor after install

Posted Dec 18, 2018 06:41 PM

I'm attempting to install Airwave and having some difficulty. A little about my configuration. The hardware is a new Dell Poweredge R640. They hypervisor is Hyper-V. I'm trying to install the lastest Airwave 8.2.7.1 which I belive is packaged under CentOS 6.9.

The problem I'm having is that the install appears to go through without a problem. After the install the ISO is automatically unmounted from hyper-v and the VM reboots. On reboot the only thing I get is a black screen with a blinking underscore.

The virtual machine has plenty of resourses. As a test I created another VM using the same specs and installed the lastest version of CentOS and it functions without issue. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

• 2.  RE: Blinking cursor after install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 03:38 AM

With this little information, and just a blinking cursor after install, I think it is most effective to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Blinking cursor after install

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 09:51 AM

The OS boot takes about 3-5 minutes.  How long are you waiting when the cursor is blinking?  Is this after the OS splash?  Or do you even see the CentOS loading splash page at all when it boots?  I haven't tried a Hyper-V setup in a while, but it is validated when we post releases.