Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Can't change time on ARUBA AIRWAVE

AIRWAVE version 8.2.4 From this link https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/How-to-Set-Airwave-Clock/td-p/269613  I can't access root account and I can access with admin account but when I access with admin account show in Pic1 and I follow step form this link http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Tutorial-Airwave-Root-password-recovery-Jan14-Tutorial/td-p/130667  but I can't access for edit AIRWAVE (show in Pic2). Please help me for this case.

PIC1PIC1PIC2PIC2

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Can't change time on ARUBA AIRWAVE

Hi,

We have blocked root shell access from 8.2.4 code, I would recommand to take TAC help in setting time. TAC can ssh with root access and make changes in shell.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted

Hi jateairhead, I'm not seeing it in the "AMPCLI - Appendix B of the User Guided" but I know they added that ability - I just can't be certain when it was added (I saw it in 8.2.6) - believe it was under "8 Advanced". Although probably safer to go TAC route without upgrading - unless there's specific bugs/issues that you need addressed via an upgrade. We lost channel utilization, goodput, and radio channel graphs when updated to 8.2.5.1 - but that has been resolved for us in 8.2.6. :-)

#AirheadsMobile
Highlighted

under advanced, there's set timezone.

Advanced
1 Restart Application
2 Reboot System
3 Configure Network Settings
4 Set Hostname
5 Set Timezone
6 Shutdown System (halt)
b >> Back
Your choice:

If you're still having issues, then in 8.2.5.1 and newer, there is the 'enter commands' option #11 off the main menu:

AirWave Management Platform 8.2.6 on airwave.lab.com
1 Upload File
2 Download File
3 Delete File
4 Backup
5 Restore
6 Support
7 Upgrade
8 Advanced
9 Security
10 Custom Commands
11 Enter Commands