Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:50 PM

Hello. I'm trying to set up a unified system at my office to manage both my Juniper switches and my Aruba IAPs. I've read that the Airwave software, and Juniper's Network Director (part of Junos Space) are integrated in a way that would allow me to do that.

From the documentation, I log in to Network Director, go to wireless preferences, and enter the url and credentials of my Airwave server. Then I log in to Airwave, and go to "AMP Setup", and then to "Juniper" and enter the Network Director URL. Airwave seems to recognize it just fine, and Network Director has a "test connection" button in its settings that says it's able to connect. 

However, when I try to view my Aruba device inventory via ND (via the "view aruba wireless device inventory button"), it says that I need to syncronize the two servers. And clicking synchronize now creates a task that says it completes successfully, but I never get the error to go away. All the links to Airwave from within ND work though, so I know the credentials are correct. 

Am I missing a setting on the Airwave side? I can't find any further documentation, though I did read that there is supposed to be a link to open ND from within Airwave that I can't seem to find.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lane

• 2.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Jul 22, 2016 02:26 PM

whoops, forgot to include my versions. Sorry.

Airwave server is on 8.0.8.1, and the ND is on 2.5R2

• 3.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2016 11:34 AM

Hi lthomas,

Communication between AirWave and Juniper's ND happens over https. Could we make sure we are not blocking the ports?

Regards,

Vishnu

• 4.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Jul 26, 2016 01:28 PM

Hi Vishnu,

Neither device has the https port blocked, as I access both interfaces over https.

They are on different subnets, however. Could this be causing the issue? Though ND is perfectly capable of connecting to and managing switches on the same subnet as the airwave.

-Lane

• 5.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Jul 28, 2016 06:09 PM

To further add to this, nmap tells me that both of the servers has port 443 (HTTPS) open. So I'm still unable to figure out why the two devices wont sync.

• 6.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Aug 08, 2016 07:00 AM

I have the same problem. I checked ports and issue "Check Connectivity" in Network Director with success. Every job regarding synchronization with AirWave is also successful but still have message in Network Director:

"ND is not yet synchronized with Aruba Airwave server.
    Synchronize with Aruba Airwave Server Now" 

lthomas did you find solution?

• 7.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Aug 08, 2016 11:23 AM

Hi Buli,

Nope, still facing the same problem you are. Glad to know I'm not alone. What versions are you on?

• 8.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Aug 10, 2016 06:54 AM

Network Director 2.5R2

AirWave 8.2.1.1

• 9.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:17 AM

I would suggest to open a support case so that TAC can help in investigating this.

Regards,

Vishnu

• 10.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Aug 18, 2016 05:40 AM

I've got feedback from Juniper's engineers that it is a common problem.... I'm waiting for further information from them.

• 11.  RE: Cannot get Airwave to synchronize with Junos Space Network Director

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:28 AM

Any update on this issue? I am interested in hear what it might be. I'm dealing with the same thing.