Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing Controller Model in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Changing Controller Model in Airwave

Posted Oct 23, 2014 10:56 AM

I recently swapped out a 6000 series controller for a new 7220.  Airwave detected the hardware change and offered the option to either reset the MAC or replace the hardware.  I clicked Reset a little too hastily, now the controller is still being monitored in Airwave, however it shows as a 6000 series rather than a 7200.  

Is there anyway to change the controller info in Airwave now short of deleting the device and adding it again?

• 2.  RE: Changing Controller Model in Airwave

Posted Oct 23, 2014 11:02 AM

Did you try doing another snmp poll ?

• 3.  RE: Changing Controller Model in Airwave

Posted Oct 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Yes, it has been several days now and the controller info is still incorrect. 

• 4.  RE: Changing Controller Model in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:00 AM

kyle_v,

You should try "Import Settings" in Airwave.

• 5.  RE: Changing Controller Model in Airwave

Posted Oct 24, 2014 03:12 PM

I tried the "Import Settings" option and it did not resolve the issue.  I just deleted the controller from Airwave and added it again.  All better now.  

Thanks guys! 

• 6.  RE: Changing Controller Model in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:33 PM

Awww, deleting the controller deletes the device history.  I would have suggested changing the IP of the original controller entry, and then re-adding the controller via device setup -> add.  Then use replace hardware option from the original controller (the one with the wrong IP address) entry manage page.  This way you'll be able to keep the device history.