Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Client Roaming issues

Hi Airheads,

What is the meaning of "mu steer" log in Airwave client details page? I am not able see any explanation. Pic below

Capture.JPG

Issue: Client is frequently reporting roaming issues. I have enabled client match, 802.11k,r. This is a 7205 controller with 315 AP. Client device 802.11ac(Oneplus mobile). No signal issue. SNR is perfect

Any suggestions airheads?

Re: Client Roaming issues

Adding further note, I am seeing exactly 10minutes of assocaition with mutiple AP's on everyday logs? Is it strange?

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Guru Elite

Your 2.4ghz band power is too high if ClientMatch has to band steer it all of the time.  The 5ghz band range for your radio should be at least six above your 2.4ghz band range. 

Mu steer is the steering of a multi-user mimo client. 

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Thanks Cj,

If i disable mu-mimo steering? can i reduce roaming issues?

This particlar client(as seen logs) is frequently getting disconnected for every 10 minutes during roaming

or any suggestions?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

nu mimo is the least of your problems.  The power range of the 2.4ghz radio vs the power range of the 5ghz radio is your problem.  The fact that client match has to steer your client from the 2.4ghz band to the 5ghz band all of the time means that your 5ghz band radio is not high enough.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: