Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Aug 31, 2018 03:56 AM

We are using both PRTG network monitoring and Oxidized w/Gitlab for monitoring and network device backup. 

I like Airware for Wireless units and see the updates in the last version regarding switches are getting much better. BUT.... are there still no support for Comware units like the 5700/5900 ?

It seems strange to me that I can add a old Proxim Tsunami wireless link to Airwave but not a expensive HPE product like the Flexfabric switches. 

A lest there should be a option to add MIB files and settings.

Regards 

J. 

• 2.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:10 AM

I'm not shure if you can add all of them but  I monitor a 5940 in Airwave to show a proper topology. Edge switches are ArubaOS

You can add them in Airwave as HPE Officeconnect Switch.

rgds,

Erik

• 3.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:26 AM

Dont now what wrong then. 5900 should equal the 5940. 

AIrwave says down, and snmp failed. The configuration are correct. All other Provision and ArubaOS switches works as expected.

Thanks for the information Erik.

• 4.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:31 AM

I had the same so opened a TAC.

Comware has default only 1 SNMP version enabled. dis snmp-agent sys-info version will tell you which one.

According TAC you can only have 1 SNMP version working but I found the command: "snmp-agent sys-info version all" to enable them all. Give that a try?

rgds,

Erik

• 5.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:33 AM

Thanks Erik, I noticed this 1 minute before your post.

The Comware had snmp v1 and v3 enabled. My Airwave was set to v2c. 

Thanks for the help.

• 6.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jan 29, 2019 08:54 AM

Hi,

I know this problem is a bit older.

But...so it is definetly possible to monitor 5700/5900 Series with airwave ?

After all, it is also Comware 7, right ?

But these series are still not mentioned in the offical doc:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/NetworkManagement/8240/1/AirWave%20Supported%20Devices%208.2.5.1.pdf

Just these:

HPE 5120 Switch 2220P02 (Comware 7)
    HPE 5130 Switch 2220P02 (Comware 7)
    HPE 5500 Switch Series 2220P02 (Comware 7)
    HPE 7500 Switch Series 2220P02 (Comware 7)

Regards
    HPE 10500 Switch Series 2220P02 (Comware 7)

• 7.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jan 29, 2019 08:56 AM

I can confirm that Flexfabric 5700 and 5900 are working.

In version 8.2.8.0 also baseline configuration is supported.

• 8.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jan 31, 2019 06:09 AM

Monitoring 5900 series switches in Airwave works fine at this project. The switches are visible in the topology which was the reason I wanted to have them in Airwave.

I still have an issue with 5700 series. I get an error in Airwave: HPE OfficeConnect Switch Error in SNMP polling: Unknown error(interface_monitor) which I can't resolve or find any info on. 

SNMP is configured exactly the same as the 5900 series and I see some info in Airwave: CPU Usage and Uptime. Switches do not appear in the topology and I don't see interface information.

It doesn't have a priority though since there are no AP's or Clients connected to these switches. Opening a TAC case is not possible for this since this phase of the project has ended and I have no access to the implementation until the next phase starts.

It would just have been nice to see these switches in the topology. I might remove them from Airwave altogether in the next phase of the project and save the licenses, unless someone can tell me what the difference is between both series. Both switch series and Airwave are on last f/w versions to this date.

thanks,

Erik

• 9.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jan 31, 2019 06:15 AM

I also have this problem. We have to Flex 5700, suddenly one of them has this interface error. I know its been working before.

Differense in firmware can be the cause:

Release 2416 (Bootrom Version: 139) (not working)

Release 2422P01 (Bootrom Version: 147) (working)

Error:

HPE 5700 Switch HP5700-48XG-1 Error in SNMP polling: Unknown error(interface_monitor)

I have contact with TAC regarding other cases with Airwave, I will bring it to them.

• 10.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jan 31, 2019 06:49 AM

FYI; FF 5700-32XGT-8XG R2432P06 not working. I have no record of which bootrom version.

• 11.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jun 07, 2019 05:12 PM

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue working with my Airwave. I tried both procedure suggested without effect and continuing showing the error below: 

Fri Jun 7 21:05:54 2019 System Error in SNMP polling: Unknown error(interface_monitor)
    (...omitted 10 duplicate messages...)

Fri Jun 7 20:54:28 2019 System Error in SNMP polling: Unknown error(interface_monitor)
    Fri Jun 7 20:53:36 2019 System Poll now complete

Let me know guys, if you have any update regard this subject. 

Thanks,

@erike wrote:

Monitoring 5900 series switches in Airwave works fine at this project. The switches are visible in the topology which was the reason I wanted to have them in Airwave.

I still have an issue with 5700 series. I get an error in Airwave: HPE OfficeConnect Switch Error in SNMP polling: Unknown error(interface_monitor) which I can't resolve or find any info on. 

SNMP is configured exactly the same as the 5900 series and I see some info in Airwave: CPU Usage and Uptime. Switches do not appear in the topology and I don't see interface information.

It doesn't have a priority though since there are no AP's or Clients connected to these switches. Opening a TAC case is not possible for this since this phase of the project has ended and I have no access to the implementation until the next phase starts.

It would just have been nice to see these switches in the topology. I might remove them from Airwave altogether in the next phase of the project and save the licenses, unless someone can tell me what the difference is between both series. Both switch series and Airwave are on last f/w versions to this date.

thanks,

Erik

• 12.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jul 23, 2019 04:40 AM

Hello,

What is your snmp configuration on switch ?

Be sure everything is open on firewall.

• 13.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jul 23, 2019 05:07 AM
    Are you serious?

• 14.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Jul 23, 2019 05:11 AM

everything regarding snmp between airwave and switches of course ...

• 15.  RE: Comware units and Airwave 8.2.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2019 08:11 AM

If switches is added succesfully to Airwave but not showing in topology and we are continously seeing interface_monitor error messages in Airwave and not seeing any interface informaiton under interface tab then increase

#snmp-agent packet max-size from 1500 to 3500 in switch and check the status.