Network Management

Contributor II

Controller Detected down on AirWave

Hi All,

i have some problem with AirWave.

Why my controller detected down on AirWave ? i already re-attached the controller to AirWave, but failed. This problem still persist.

what should i do ???

kindly need your advice

Guru Elite

Re: Controller Detected down on AirWave

How long has this been happening?

Is there a firewall between Airwave and the controller?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Re: Controller Detected down on AirWave

What is the down message it is showing  in APs/Devices>Monitor page of controller in Airwave? If it failing with snmp time out / device unreachable/ICMP error then you have to check below things

• Make sure you have proivded same community string in APs/Devices>manage page of the controller, which you have configured in controller.
  • Try ping the controller from Airwave command line to check whether it is reachable or not? If it is not reachable then check snmp port is allowed in firewall.
  • If it reachable and community string is correct then try increase the snmp timeout/retries value in Devices Setup > Communication page.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: