Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Delay Critical alarms IMC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Delay Critical alarms IMC

Posted Mar 22, 2019 10:32 AM

Hi, 

I'm facing a problem. We have recently turned on so that IMC send SMS when a Critical alarm triggers. What happens is after around 11pm when our backup is beging to run some servers loose a couple of pings and the IMC trigger an Critical alarm and then sends out a SMS. 

How we want it to function is that we can delay the Critical alam so that if we loose 5 or more pings it will trigger an alarm but if it misses less then 5 pings it never trigger the alarm. Is this something that is possible in the IMC or do we need to fix it in some other way?

We have been looking around in the "Filtering Trap" view but we dont find anything that seems to meet our wishes. 

Would be thankfull for any help I can get. 

• 2.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2019 11:19 PM

When you say IMC here, do you refer to HPE intelligent management center or Airwave?

Do you want to delay the trigger generated on Airwave? If so, do we have any specific trigger? For example if its a device down trigger we can set a threshold in definition so that if devices is reporting down to Airwave more than the said threshold then only it will generate the alert.

• 3.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

Posted Mar 25, 2019 02:59 AM

Oh right should have been more specific. With IMC I mean HPE Intelligent Management Center. If this is the wrong place for this thread can someone point me in the right direction?

The trap that triggers have OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25506.4.1.1.2.6.1 and is called "The device does not respond to poll packet". Do you know if we can set thresholds in HPE IMC aswell, and if thats the case then where do I find these settings? 

Regards
    Signal

• 4.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

Posted Apr 01, 2019 02:01 AM

Did nobody have any insight to this problem?

• 5.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2019 02:04 AM

You would have to check with HPE IMC team on this. May be open a tac case with respective team.

• 6.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

Posted Apr 01, 2019 04:47 AM

Sorry for the confusion, I was at the Dustin Expo fair in Stockholm where I asked HPE/Aruba this question and they said to post my question here on Airheads forum, maybe I missunderstood them. I will try the HPE support instead. 

Thanks for your time. 

• 7.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 12:09 AM

hi Signal,

This should be easy to achieve. You just need to change the thresholds for the ping monitor. Don't have an iMC to check, but if you need help with this, I can set up a lab server and show you the procedure. 

• 8.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

Posted Apr 03, 2019 02:26 AM

Hi FlorianBaaske,

I would appreciate it if you could show me the location where I can change that setting. I have tried to locate it but can't find it. 

• 9.  RE: Delay Critical alarms IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 07:44 AM

You need to go to Ressource-->Performance Management-->Monitoring Settings. 

This will bring up a list of devices monitored by iMC. You can change individual thresholds by using the "Alarm Threshold" button in the Operation column. 

There you can set individual thresholds for every monitor for every device.