Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell version of Airwave...

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Dell version of Airwave...

Posted Feb 15, 2013 11:29 AM

Hello all,

Got a setup with Dell version of 6000-M3 controllers running 6.1.3.6, with AP105s.

Also got Dell version of Airwave, running 7.5.7.

I'm getting no heatmaps on the APs in visual RF (nothing in logs I can see).

Also getting no linegraphs on the top page. If I click the smaller bar-graph icon, I do see the graphs on the pop-ups.

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

I'll try upgrading it to 7.6.2 on Monday, but not sure if this will have any impact (nothing conclusive in release notes, but then...).

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Dell version of Airwave...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2013 11:52 AM

This seems to be a case that would be better handled in a TAC case.

To start, check System -> Status, are any of the processes in a red (down) state?  Also check the System -> Performance to make sure the AMP server itself is in a good state (not hitting swap, disk I/O levels).

Check for crashes in the following logs:

/var/log/error.log

/var/log/visualrf/visualrf.log

/var/log/service_watcher <- watch for services repeatedly starting over

If you're not seeing anything in the logs (or if logs aren't even updating at all), then there could be a lock on the system.  Try doing a 'Restart AMP' from the bottom of the System -> Status page.  If this doesn't successfully bring your AMP back to life, then a web session with TAC will be the next quickest way to diagnose and resolve this.

• 3.  RE: Dell version of Airwave...

Posted Feb 17, 2013 04:19 AM

Ok Rob. Thanks!