Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Discovery Agent seems off

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Discovery Agent seems off

Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:04 PM
      |   view attached

Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with titles for my questions. I'd like to have something that is one line, but that someone else asking a similar question would find in a search. I believ I fail more than succeed.

In this case, there is a rogue showing up in AirWave, but as being detected by nearly every AP in my network. In the attached pic, the APs with name starting with RAL are in Raleigh NC, DAL are in Dallas TX, and the rest are in Springfield IL. I highly doubt that an AP is broadcasting a signal that strong, but how else am I to interpret this?

TIA, 

Russell

• 2.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:07 PM

What Rapids rules do you have configured?

• 3.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:25 PM
      |   view attached

lots - see attached

• 4.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

Posted Apr 06, 2016 11:45 AM

Anything? Do you need more info from me?

• 5.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 11:46 AM

Find out what rule it says classified that client as what it is...

• 6.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

Posted Apr 06, 2016 04:48 PM
      |   view attached

screenshot of rule is attached. Note that my initial question is why it is being shown in 3 states at the same time.

• 7.  RE: Discovery Agent seems off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 04:55 PM

So, you should open a TAC case so that they can get to the bottom of this.  I cannot see all of the SSIDs that you have configured under the rule, so I do not know what role they have to play in this.  There could be a bug, who knows, but I don't have enough information to determine that via partial information displayed here.  Please open a case with TAC so that they can get to the bottom of this.