Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points

Posted Mar 16, 2017 02:50 AM

Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points

• 2.  RE: Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 04:21 AM

You can check the officially supported devices from the 'AirWave - Supported Infrastructure Devices' guide that is available from:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/23720/Default.aspx

If your device is not in there, you have chances that basic monitoring through the standard/basic SNMP attributes may give some results. I never had the possibility to try Avaya switches and APs with Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:04 AM

We can try adding it as a universal device on Airwave. AirWave gets basic monitoring information from any device including switches,routers and APs whether or not they are supported devices.

• 4.  RE: Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points

Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:18 AM

is IMC same of Aruba, I.e. it will support the basic monitoring or it could have the full management on the Avaya network?

• 5.  RE: Do Aruba AirWave Support Avaya Switches & Access points
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:42 AM

Hi,

Official IMC supports monitoring features (via SNMP) on mainy Avaya devices (I saw in the device matrix, switches, voip, video, security devices). Moreover, if the Avaya device is not in the "pre-defined" Avaya device models list, we can quickly add the device model in the WebUI (using SNMP sysoid to identify it).

I also checked the adapters (for configuration management), and I found (in the latest release), that there is an adapter to manage configuration file backup and software image deploy on "Avaya ERS 8600; 8800 switches, OS version 7.x, VSP 9012 switches, OS Version 3.3.x.x.".

Finally, if you like programming, you can add your own adapter TCL scripts to manage configuration for other device models.

Fabien