Network Management

Contributor II

Does Airwave gives beacon based heatmaps

Hi There,

Let me know if anyone knows whether Airwave gives beacon based predictive heatmaps for deployment.

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Re: Does Airwave gives beacon based heatmaps

You will need to clarify the context of your question, and what 'beacon-based heatmaps' are? To some degree beacons are used to identify the ESSID of neighbors and other indicators

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Highlighted
MVP Guru

We can not deploy beacons in Airwave VisualRF, beacons are used to increase client location accuracy and number of beacons and distance successvie beacons deployed is based on your enviroment.

For better location accuracy, normally successive beacons are placed <=40ft apart.
Beacon distances may vary based on various factors (e.g. path vs. area
model, reflective vs. non. reflective environments, varying ceiling heights, etc.)

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Hi Jhoward,

Aruba Bluetooth beacon devices for asset management, as we deploy the APs as per predictive heatmap for complete coverage, like that I am asking how to deploy or mount the beacon devices for complete coverage.

Regards,
Mallikarjun

avan answered your question then. I was thinking you wanted mapping off wifi beacons (the transmitting of beacon frames), not BLE (the hardware BLE beacons) heh.

Jerrod Howard
Contributor II

Hi Pavan,

Thank you for the info.

Regards,
Mallikarjun

We do not

Jerrod Howard