Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

Posted Feb 22, 2019 09:32 AM

Ive been deploying Instant based systems for a long time and I have not needed Airwave. Now I do. How do I get it ? How much is it ? Where do I go ?

You would think you could google that, but, nope..

• 2.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 09:40 AM

You should be getting in touch with your sales team.

• 3.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 10:28 AM

Questions the sales team would ask:

How many network devices are you trying to manage?  Switches/controllers/APs

(The licensing determines cost)

Are you buying just the software to load on a VM or the appliance that's preinstalled?  If a VM, remember to upscale about 20% for VM overhead processing.

• 4.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

Posted Feb 25, 2019 12:19 PM

I install IAPs in home systems for high end residential. I do like 2-3 systems a year. They consist of like 6-8 access points.

I want to use Air Monitors and Spectrum in each system.

Normally I just buy the Arubas from a source like Amazon because my volume does not justify being a dealer or having a dedicated sales contact.

I recently took some 225's I pulled from a client on upgrade and put them in my house and I would like to have airwave to know what it can do.

I don't like the old fashioned sale buisness model of having a mfgr go thru a distributor and then thru a dealer to get to me. i don't need sales calls and I am smart enough I have never needed support. WHile having support would be nice,, my volume would not justify me spending any money for that support.

So GENRALLY what does Airwave cost ? $5, $10,000 ? Is it a subscription ? So its per access point then ?

I HATE this kind of buis model. The software should just be free. It is with Ubiquiti which is the competitor in residential.

For IAP based system of say, less then 10 access points, it should be free.

• 5.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

Posted Feb 25, 2019 07:45 PM

I always work through a sales Rep, but you can get Airwave Licenses from a distributor like CDW, which will email you the keys you need.

That being said, you will probably get a better experience through a sales team.

• 6.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

Posted Feb 25, 2019 11:04 PM

I decided to put in to become a HPE partner. My company should qualify in a money sense, but, my low volume of sales might not. I will become official with Aruba one way or the other. I would not use any other access point, so, I want to become official with them and be a dealer/integrator.

Ive bought Aruba thru CDW. I will go explore this. I want to play with Airwave and see what it does. I would assume they can give me a demo version for trialing it.

Im still real certain Airwave should be free.

• 7.  RE: Dumb question - how much is airwave ? Where do I get it.

Posted Sep 06, 2020 12:42 PM

You might look at the Aruba Instant On lineup as well. It is very competitive with Ubiquiti and it is a great product. The inferface is a little too streamlined coming from Enterprise controllers. But it fits the niche perfectly for smb, soho and high end home networks. We started installing these for SMB last year and I currently run them at home. No comparison it is the best low cost wireless product I have worked with. Extremely reliable, high performing, seamless roaming even on voip calls. It's almost too good to be true. And you get access to the cloud management piece for free. The only limits I've seen so far are:

1) Only up to 25 APs per location

2) Only 24 hours of client and bandwidth reporting

Definitely worth a look for your use case.