Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Equivalent to allowed-ap in Airwave Instant Config?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Equivalent to allowed-ap in Airwave Instant Config?

Posted Dec 06, 2017 05:54 PM

Two issues I'm having. How do I add an allowed AP to join the cluster manually when auto-join is disabled. On the flip side, how do I remove it from the allowed-ap list if we decommision that ap?

Second, I have a cluster, in which a new AP auto-joined. But it joined the wrong cluster based on the VLAN (I had the switch port mis-configured). Now that first cluster it joined is still showing the new APs mac address in the allowed-ap list and on the vc webui as offline.  Even after a reboot of the APs in the cluster.

Running Airwave 8.2.5

All APs are Instant 315 running 6.5.4.3 firmware.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Richard

• 2.  RE: Equivalent to allowed-ap in Airwave Instant Config?

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:46 PM

@SutterCo_Rich wrote:

Two issues I'm having. How do I add an allowed AP to join the cluster manually when auto-join is disabled. On the flip side, how do I remove it from the allowed-ap list if we decommision that ap?

Second, I have a cluster, in which a new AP auto-joined. But it joined the wrong cluster based on the VLAN (I had the switch port mis-configured). Now that first cluster it joined is still showing the new APs mac address in the allowed-ap list and on the vc webui as offline.  Even after a reboot of the APs in the cluster.

Running Airwave 8.2.5

All APs are Instant 315 running 6.5.4.3 firmware.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Richard

The entry will not be removed automatically simply with a reboot, it has to be manually removed.

WAP1 (config) # no allowed-ap ?
    <mac>     MAC Address