Network Management

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Error in CAD Layers

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 19, 2017 03:53 AM

Hi,
    I'm having a problem when addin new floorplan from .dwg file. When I come to the importing walls from CAD file no matter what layer i choose I always get the same result and it ia not the right one - some seemengly random walls are marked as concrete no matter that I choosen outer doors and wood (see "Outer doors.jpg") or inner doors (see "Inner doors.jpg").
    And if I scale building before going to the CAD Layers nothing happens at all.
    Does someone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Evgeniia

• 2.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2017 05:34 AM

Hi Evgeniia,

When you choose the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer the color of the wall type shows as red (concreate) only. It prompt the correct color code only after provisioning.

1.PNG

Sample dwg file which I uploaded in visularf it imported drywall (yellow color) succesfully.

I am able to scale the floor in AMP 8.2.3.1.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query , give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 19, 2017 05:39 AM

And what with scaling, it is OK that nå walls get marked as any type wall after I scale the building?

And how long it takes in genereal before walls can be seen after I'm done?

• 4.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2017 05:52 AM

Hi,

I am able to scale the floorplan. When you use dwg file, visularf automatically read the floor dimensions, we dont need to enter the values manually. You can crop unused space on floor plan using scale option.

Walls will prompt immeditely once you done with provisioning, make sure wall option is checked in Floorplan Features section.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 19, 2017 06:01 AM
      |   view attached

When I upload .dwg file scaling is wrong (see "Scale.jpg"), building is not nearly 1 km long, and it is not so long when I check it in AutoCAD.

And it's gone at least 10 -15 minutes after I pressed "Finish" button but no walls had come up. 

• 6.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2017 07:17 AM

Hi,

Please follow bleow community link which I posted few weeks back, which explain floorplan calucalation

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/VisualRF-resize-problem/m-p/290410#M6371

Regarding walls not showing after provisioning done, make sure check the box while selecting the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer.

Currently we have only four Wall Attenuations in VisualRF, if you have any different wall type, try manuall create new wall attenuation from Visualrf> Setup page.

I see you have selected wood type, since it is not present in the VisualRF attenuation list, it is not displaying.

1.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

• 7.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi,

I have added "Wood " to wall attenuation type list, so I should be able to choose it and see it on the map (see "Wall Attenuation Settings.jpg"). And I do check the box while selecting the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer (see "CAD Layer.jpg") but despite it I do not see any walls displayed on the map after I'm done, wall option is checked in Floorplan Features section (see "Result.jpg").

• 8.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 05:54 AM

Hi ,

I have attached sample dwg floor plan, try test it in your server. I have set cad layer walls as concrete and you could see its been updated.

1.PNG

May I know your Airwave version, if it is in lower version try upgrade to 8.2.3.1. If sample one working and your dwg file fail to fetch walls then something issue with your file.

Regards,

Pavan

• 9.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 05:58 AM

I have AirWave 8.2.3.1

I don't see attached .dwg file

• 10.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 06:02 AM

• 11.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 06:15 AM

Nope, it doesn't work with another file either.

• 12.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 06:21 AM

Could you try remove the visualrf bootstrap file and check the status.

• Disable visualrf engine from visualrf>setup page
    • Remove visualrf_bootstrap cache file from server

# cd /var/airwave/cache/

# rm -rf visualrf_bootstrap

• Enable visularf engine

Regards,

Pavan

• 13.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 06:47 AM

No change.

Can it be that the reason for this is changing .dwg files version before upload. I need to get CAD files in AC1024/1021/1018 format, but while doing that I get these messages from AutoCAD:

AutoCAD #1.jpg

AutoCAD #1.jpg

• 14.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 06:58 AM

What version of dwg file it is showing, when you open the file in notepad?

Do you have any other dwg file to test, before saving it to lower version, make a copy of this original file and try save it as autocad file and check the stauts.

Regards,

Pavan

• 15.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 07:04 AM

I did try it before when I had problems uploading CAD files: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Batch-Floor-Upload-Wizard/m-p/296566#M6762

You said that I have to convert files if I have problems with newest formats.

• 16.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 07:10 AM

Ok, so those files already in AC1024/1021/1018 format ? Could you share your dwg file, I will check in my server.

Regards,

Pavan

• 17.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 07:20 AM
      |   view attached

The Original.dwg I cant't upload and in ACAD_2010-Original.dwg can't choose/set wall type.

Attachment(s)

zip
    DWG.zip   758 KB 1 version

• 18.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 07:22 AM

You could send file from Airheads message options, top right.

Regards,

Pavan

• 19.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 07:23 AM

Added them as .zip file in previous message

• 20.  RE: Error in CAD Layers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi

I am not able to upload any of the dwg files its looks some issue with files.

Since you are able to upload the dwg files, as a work around we could manually draw the walls once floor provision is done, else we need to get the files in mentioned format and check the status.

Regards,

Pavan

• 21.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 22, 2017 08:14 AM

Have a lot of buildings to upload and hoped to skip manually drawing walls. Do you have idea why I cannot upload .dwg files in newer format (1032)?

• 22.  RE: Error in CAD Layers

Posted May 23, 2017 02:17 AM

Update: Sorry, sample file worked suddenly :)

Hi,

Now that I thought about it I think that my files are OK, I can't set the walls to the AutoCAD sample file (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-sample-files.html) either and it is in AC1024 version that I can upload. I didn't do anything to the sample file aside from downloading it, but it works for you and not for me.