Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Export AP ID

I want to export some AP info that includes the random AP ID that AirWave uses to identify the devices. I can export the list of APs but I can't seem to find a column to add the AP ID as well. This seems like such a simple task, but I can't find a way to do it.

Contributor I

Re: Export AP ID

AP ID is internal to AirWave postgres db. The AP ID is used only for inbternal AirWave functions. Export or reports do not include the AP ID's. What is the use case here?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

We have another mapping system that we use that gives us lat/long, and in order to kind of keep AirWave in sync with our mapping system, using the AP ID is the easiest way for us to do this.

Contributor I

Please note the AP ID may change (to re use some ID's)  if there's Reindexing of DB at time of upgrade (not all upgrades) or done at time of any Airwave triubleshooting. MAC Address is better option for such use cases. However, here's the option to get AP ID's.

ap_list.xml, which can be used as API or from UI https://<Airwave IP>/ap_list.xml will list the AP details including AP ID's

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: