Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Feet and meters in VisualRF 8.6.1

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Feet and meters in VisualRF 8.6.1

Posted Nov 06, 2018 05:28 AM

After upgrading from AirWave 8.4.1 to 8.6.1, VisualRF became seriously confused about feet and meters. Firstly, all existing floorplans had their metric distance values divided by 0.3048. Measurements still show as meters, and RF calculations seem to be correct, but the values are in feet.

Adding new floorplans is doubly screwed. If I measure a floorplan at 10 meters, it shows 10 meters during the process, but goes down to 3.15 meters after saving - which in practice is 3.15 feet. Ceiling height more or less follows the same pattern, although not consistently.

While I can probably remember to multiply all new floorplans by 10.764 from now on, it caused some expensive mistakes before I figured it out, and I'd assume other non-US customers will find it out the hard way, if at all.

• 2.  RE: Feet and meters in VisualRF 8.6.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 11:27 AM

Got confused with the version numbers, but see that the 2 was dropped.  So you moved from 8.2.4.1 to 8.2.6.1

The reason is because the feet/meter setting was moved from a global toggle to a per-user toggle.

See solution on this thread:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Can-t-find-quot-Use-Metric-Units-quot-in-Airwave-8-2-5-1/m-p/354746

• 3.  RE: Feet and meters in VisualRF 8.6.1

Posted Nov 06, 2018 12:08 PM

Sorry, I do get those version numbers confused every now and then...

My user setting was already meters, which is why the units showed up correctly to begin with. I just had to change it to feet and back to meters again to get the correct values.

Thanks!